10 Things Moorestown & Mount Holly Parents Need to Know About Invisalign Treatment
June 13, 2023
At Morrone Kaye and Yucha Orthodontics, we are proud to be a Diamond+ Provider of Invisalign. That means we’ve treated thousands of cases over the years and are experts at moving teeth using this incredible technology. Because we’ve successfully treated so many cases, we often get questions from parents about whether or not Invisalign is a good option for their children or teens. Below are 10 things we think you should know!
Invisalign® treatment is the modern way to straighten teeth. Invisalign® clear aligners are the future of teen teeth straightening — 95% of orthodontists agree.1 After taking a digital scan or impression, Dr. Benjamin Yucha or Dr. Richard Kaye will develop a custom treatment plan using a series of custom-made, removable, and virtually invisible aligners.
From simple to complex, Invisalign treatment is effective for a wide range of teeth-straightening cases. Your first concern as a parent is choosing a treatment that will give your teen their best smile. With advances that no other clear aligner can offer, like SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features, Invisalign clear aligners straighten teeth with greater predictability2 — without interrupting your teen’s life.
Orthodontists get the finish they want for their teen patients with Invisalign clear aligners - at MKY Ortho, we agree. If Invisalign is the route you want to take for your teen, we are able to build them a custom treatment plan that will help them achieve the smile of their dreams, using Invisalign.1
Invisalign treatment is a more comfortable way to straighten teeth. There are no brackets to rub or wires to break. And unlike most other aligners, Invisalign clear aligners are trimmed along the gum line for optimal patient comfort.
Teens really do wear their Invisalign aligners! Studies show teens wear their aligners the recommended 20 to 22 hours a day.3 Plus, only Invisalign clear aligners have built-in compliance indicators, so you can be sure your teen is wearing the aligners.
Teens who wear Invisalign clear aligners are more confident. You want your teen to see what you’ve always seen: their potential. Traditional braces can make teens self-conscious, and studies show that teens with Invisalign clear aligners are 2x more likely to have a boost in self-esteem.4
You can have fewer, shorter office visits and fewer emergency visits. Invisalign treatment can give you back family time, because Invisalign clear aligners don’t need to be manually adjusted at our office. And you’ll never have an emergency visit due to broken wires or brackets.
Your teen can keep living their life without interruption during Invisalign treatment. The aligners are virtually invisible and easily removable, so your teen can still enjoy school pictures, social events, and all the foods they love. Plus, no brackets or wires means sports injuries are less likely. Your teen can even continue to brush and floss as usual for better oral health — and have less cavity-causing plaque than patients with braces.5
Many orthodontic insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment up to 50%.6 Schedule a complimentary consultation and ask us how insurance, flexible spending accounts, and payment plans can help you fit Invisalign treatment into your budget.
Invisalign treatment can shape your teen’s smile in as little as 6 months.7 With Invisalign clear aligners, you can see results in as little as 6 months. And they are clear and removable, so you can see the progress in your teen’s smile every step of the way.
At MKY Orthodontics, we specialize in Invisalign treatment at all ages. Whether your child is a candidate for early orthodontic treatment with Invisalign First, ready for Invisalign Teen, or you’re looking to straighten your own teeth, we’re here to help! We’d love to meet you and/or your child and see if Invisalign is a good fit for your family. Click below or call us for a complimentary consultation.
- Data from a survey of 78 orthodontists (from NA, EMEA, APAC) experienced in treating teenagers (minimum of 40 cases, prior 8 months) with Invisalign clear aligners, regarding teenagers with permanent dentition; doctors were paid an honorarium for their time.
- Invisalign aligners made with SmartTrack® material provide greater comfort and predictability than Invisalign aligners made from single layer EX30 material.
- Based on “Effectiveness of a Compliance Indicator for Clear Aligners” study by Orhan C. Tuncay DMD, S. Jay Bowman DMD, Jonathan L. Nicozisis DMD, Brian D. Amy DDS. Data on file at Align Technology.
- The Invisalign Teen Confidence Survey was conducted in 2014 and polled 3,577 U.S. teenagers ages 13 –17 and 2,118 U.S. mothers of teens ages 13 –17, plus an oversample of 101 mothers of teens ages 13 –17 who wear or have worn Invisalign clear aligners. The survey was conducted by Kelton, a leading global consumer insights and research firm.
- Percentage of dental hygienists that primarily work in a practice offering the Invisalign® system who “agree” or “strongly agree” to the question “During Invisalign clear aligner treatment, most patients have less plaque compared to patients undergoing fixed appliance treatment.“ (n=176).
- Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment just as they would other orthodontic treatments. Ask your doctor about how to use your orthodontic insurance coverage to pay for Invisalign treatment.
- Based on mild to moderate malocclusion (defined as crowding and spacing up to 6mm, and overjet and overbite up to 6mm), treatment times vary depending on wear time, case complexity and must be determined by your doctor.